Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Costa Rica- Day 1. Arriving.

I spent a whole day in the airports and on the airplanes today. I set off to SFO at 8:30 in the morning. It took me a long wait in Houston for connection. When we finally got to San Jose, the capitol of Costa Rica, it's already almost 10 PM. I couldn't believe that there is only one hour time difference between San Francisco and San Jose after we have flew so far.
The first thing we saw after passing baggage claim were a bunch of car rental companies- Avis, Budget, Hertz.... just like an airport in any of the cities in the US. On the way from the airport to the hotel, there were also a bunch of American fast food restaurant- McDonald's, KFC, Denny's.... And of course the local staff who came to pick us up spoke English. So at the moment when I realized none of me and my collegue has any Costa Rica money in the wallet, I was kind of confused that where we are, in the US or in a foreign country?

The weather is very nice here. Warm and humid, but not like hot and muggy in Taiwan. It' now the raining season. We heard that there is short thunder storm every day in the afternoon at this season. Hopefully it won't be a big issue when we go out.

There is only 5 miles from the airport to our hotel. This hotel has an architecture style that is totally Spanish, looks very nice. Although this trip is for work, I did extend the stay for my own leisure. I haven't been on a real vacation for a long while. This time I'm gonna indugle myself and enjoy this precious vacation on my own.

2 comments:

Petra said...

$20的砧板.....
而且你還真的買了?

Sara Yamazaki。山崎.莎菈。 said...

那個砧板真的很漂亮說...後來在別的地方都沒看到了...